Sunday, August 28, 2016

Patrick Henry Half Marathon - Lost the charm

My 4th, probably last and worst Patrick Henry Half. Took 2:45 to finish the race in a 90+ degrees weather. Last 3 times Patrick Henry was my charm - Perfect weather, good pace and scenic road between the farmlands. I admit I did not prepare like previous years, but I was definitely not thinking of a 2:45 finish. 

But as always great support along the way, Coaches and teammates cheered each other all the way to the finish, and the PinkNation tailgate was just fantastic.

Anyways, I will always remember Patrick Henry as my home half marathon. In last 3 attempts I had a PR each time. It was fun while it lasted, as i do not think I will be running it again anytime soon.




P.S. This finish line video is courtesy of Athlinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment